Updated in July 2020
The following policy applies to all Westin Healthcare Inc. customers, effective January 7, 2020:
All Manual configured wheelchair orders will be charged a $49.99 handling and freight service fee for each order placed, regardless of the method used to place the order.
All Power wheelchair orders will be charged a $99.99 handling and freight service fee for each order placed, regardless of the method used to place the order.
Standard Seating Products, Custom Seating Products
Each order for Medical Parts, Seating Products will receive a handling and freight service fee, subject to the order value on the following scale regardless of the method used to place the order:
- Between $0 – $100: $19.99 handling and freight service fee
- Between $101 – $250: $24.95 handling and freight service fee
- Over $250: Charges may vary according to weight and size.
Orders that are placed with both Manual Mobility Products and Seating Products or Parts on a single order will be charged $49.95 handling and freight service fee for each order placed, regardless of the method used to place the order. Orders that are placed with both Power and any other product (Parts, Seating, Manual, Switch-It) on a single order will be charged $54.95 handling and freight service fee for each order placed, regardless of the method used to place the order.
All orders will be shipped using LTL, Ground, or Consolidation Services at the discretion of Westin Healthcare. If more information is needed regarding transit times or services, please contact your Westin Healthcare representative for more details.
Westin Healthcare will provide, upon customer request, liftgate and/or inside delivery services on the following fee schedule:
- Liftgate services – $99.00 per delivery
- Inside-delivery – $45.00 per delivery
- All other special handling services requested will be charged to the customer
Short Shipment and Freight Damage
Claims for shortages, errors in delivery, or defects apparent on visual inspection must be made in writing to Westin Healthcare within ten (10) days after receipt of shipment. The buyer’s failure to give timely notice of the same shall constitute unqualified acceptance of such shipment.
In order to process your return as efficiently as possible, please follow the instructions below carefully. Failure to follow these instructions may result in a delay in processing your return or have the credit denied.
- Products may be returned to Westin Healthcare only with advance authorization from Westin Healthcare Customer Service in the form of a Return Authorization (RA) number.
- The RA number must appear on the outside of the package in a clearly visible manner and location or will be returned to the sender.
- All approved returns must be shipped at the customer’s expense using their preferred carrier. Product or parts returns that are not pre-paid will not be accepted by Westin Healthcare.
- The product must be saleable (not a discontinued item and not used) and must be properly packaged (original packaging preferred). Product or parts returns that are not approved as saleable will not be accepted by Westin Healthcare.
- If you are a dealer, all requests for a Return Authorization must be phoned to (905) 451-7743 and include:
- Reason for return
- Item number and quantity
- Invoice number, original sales order number, or original purchase order number and date
- Serial number(s) if applicable
- Returned merchandise is subject to Westin Healthcare’s standard restocking fee.
- No returns will be accepted by Westin Healthcare if the request to return the products or parts is made beyond 180 days of the original ship date.
- RA’s are valid for 60 days and will not be accepted by Westin Healthcare if the item(s) is not returned within 60 days after a Return Authorization is issued.
- Configured and custom-made wheelchairs, seating systems are not eligible for return regardless of the order date.
- Westin Healthcare will credit any freight and/or handling fee on the original order paid by the customer on returns that are due to a Westin Healthcare error, and if all items on the invoice are being returned.
- All seating components must be returned inside original sealed plastic bags.
Change Order and Cancellation Policy
Westin Healthcare sells custom Mobility products according to customer specifications. Quote, and order acknowledgments must be reviewed for accuracy.
Customized, specially ordered, or fabricated mobility and accessibility devices are not returnable or eligible for a refund. We also do not accept returns or exchanges for items that have come in contact with the skin. This includes, but is not limited to, lift chairs, seating, and positioning products, including wheelchair cushions and back supports, TENS units, patient lifts, blood pressure units, breast pumps, bathroom safety items, pillows, bedding, and mattresses, bracing, and continence care products.
- Product or parts returns for warranty items (i.e. product defects) are subject to Westin Healthcare’s evaluation but not subject to a restocking fee.
- Product or parts returns for non-warranty items (i.e. dealer error, overstock) are subject to Westin Healthcare evaluation and are subject to a restocking fee based on the following schedule:
- Return Authorizations issued on orders shipped within 90 days of the original ship date and returned within 60 days of receiving the Return Authorization are subject to a 25% restocking fee
- Return Authorization issued on orders shipped within 180 days of the original ship date and returned within 60 days of receiving the Return Authorization is subject to a 50% restocking fee.
- Restocking fee percentages are calculated based on the invoiced value of the product.
15%-30% Restocking Fee
Some products require a 15%-30% restocking fee for returns. These include:
- Lift chairs
- Patient lifts
- Hospital beds
- Invacare products
- Future Mobility Products
- Sunrise Medical
- Pride Mobility Products
- Drive Products
- Nuprodx products
- E-Wheel products
- Aqua Creek Products
- Vehicle lifts
- Hoyer pool lifts and patient lifts
There are certain products that are custom-made by the manufacturer and are non-returnable. These include:
- Built to order items / Custom wheelchairs
- Ridged ultralightweight wheelchairs
- Invacare 9000 series reclining wheelchairs
- Sports wheelchairs
- All Parts
- Adaptive Strollers
- Harmar Products
- Winco Geri chairs
- Custom-built lift chairs, including those with upgraded fabrics, heat and massage, PowerPillow, footrest extension or left-hand control options are non-returnable.
- Open-Box Items
- Wound care
- Wheelchair scales
For hygienic reasons, the following products are non-returnable:
- Bathroom Safety products
- Incontinence products
- BestCare patient lifts
- Cushions and Backs
*In extenuating circumstances, we will charge a 35% re-stocking fee for returned devices IF approved by management.[/vc_column_text][contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"][vc_gmaps link=”#E-8_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”][/vc_column][/vc_row]