Delta Hi Low Bed Full Electric
The Delta Ultra Light 1000 Full Electric Bed is an ergonomic, lightweight bed that can be used both at home and in hospitals. The bed has a channel frame construction with a zinc-coated spring deck that ensures maximum stability and durability while keeping the bed’s weight low. The bed has a universal design since the head and footboards are interchangeable with most beds by the drive and other manufacturers. The wood grain boards and panels are strong and resistant to scratches and cracks. The headboard is bigger than the footboard to suit bedroom decors.
The Drive Delta Semi-Electric Bed features a motor at the foot section of the bed. The UL-approved motor can be removed or installed without any tools with the patient in bed. The motor is self-contained and reduces the noise of operation. The motor is controlled by an easy-to-use remote control that helps set the bed at the desired angle of elevation for the patient. In case of a power outage, the motor has a nine-volt battery that can set the head and foot section elevations up to nine times. A transition box at the foot of the bed controls the rotation of the high-low shaft. No crank is required for adjustment.
The bed features a tool-free assembly with just five components. Labels and color-coded springs help ensure the accurate installation of the optional rails.
The Drive Medical Delta Ultra-Light 1000 Full-Electric Hospital Bed is ideal for any individual who needs a hospital-style bed at home, in a hospital, or at a nursing home. The Ultra-Light 1000 Full Electric Bed’s self-contained motor and foot area keep the bed more lightweight and portable than other comparable hospital beds on the market.
Channel frame construction provides superior strength and less heaviness, while high-impact, crack-proof composite end panels are interchangeable, and can be exchanged with most other Drive manufacturers’ bed ends. The transition box mounted on the foot section is key to interchangeability and allows users or caregivers to change the rotation of the high-low shaft.
The Drive Medical Delta Ultra-Light 1000 Full-Electric Bed motor assembly can be installed in seconds and without tools – even with the patient remaining in bed.
In case of power failure, a backup 9V battery can raise and lower the head and footboard sections up to nine times. The new and improved hand pendant is equipped with large, understandable, easy-to-use controls, allowing both patients and caregivers to raise and lower the bed as needed.
Bed ships in two cartons and is easy to assemble. An extension kit is available to extend the bed length from 80 inches to 84 inches.
Unit is covered by a limited lifetime warranty on welds and frames, a five-year warranty on motor and hand control, and one year warranty on all other parts and components.
Delta Hi Low Bed Full Electric Features
- The Delta 1000 is truly universal because the bed frame can be used with Drive’s and most other manufacturers’ bed ends, old and new
- The transition box mounted on the foot section is key to interchangeability (Figure A)
- The transition box allows you to change the rotation of the high/low shaft
- The headboard is taller than footboard to better fit home decor (Figure B)
- The wood grain panels are break and scratch-resistant
- Once installed, the high/low shaft will stay with the bed to eliminate loss or forgetting on future installations (Figure C)
- Labels and color-coded springs assure accurate installation of side rails for patient safety (Figure D)
- Unique motor is completely self-contained to reduce weight and noise
- 9 ½” to 23 ½” deck height
- Easy to set up
- Top mounted Hi/Lo crank accessibility
- Height-adjustable motor comes pre-installed on the foot section
- Caster easily moves from standard to low bed position
- The motor assembly can be installed and removed with the patient in bed
- Bed, side rails, and mattress safety-tested by SGS, a nationally recognized testing facility Satisfies all applicable FDA entrapment guidelines
- The motor is UL approved
- In the event of a power failure, a 9-volt battery, located in the hand control, can lower the head and foot sections nine times
- The new and improved hand pendant has large, easy-to-use controls (Figure E)
- Bed ships in two cartons
- Hand crank located on the top of the footboard prevents bending for the caregiver when in the low position (Figure F)
- Channel frame construction provides superior strength and reduced weight
- Zinc-coated spring deck
- Extension kit available (model #15030EXTKIT) extends length from 80″ to 84″
- Patent Pending
- Weight Capacity 450 lbs
Delta Hi Low Bed Full Electric Specifications
|Bed Height Maximum With Casters||23.5″|
|Bed Height Minimum Without Casters||9.5″|
|Carton Shipping Weight||191 lbs.|
|Unit Dimensions||36″ (W) x 88″ (L) | Overall Sleep Surface 36″ W x 80″ L|
|Warranty||(Original Purchaser) 5 Years on Motor and Hand Control, Limited Lifetime on Welds and Frame, 1 Year on All Other Parts and Components|
|Weight Capacity||450 lbs|
|Bed Height Min wo caster||9.5″|
|Bed Height Max w casters||23.5″|